Themed lessons and group riding sessions
Horse riding is a great way to make new friends, learn valuable skills and experience the power of the human animal bond. Not only can riding horses increase your balance and stamina, it also gives you a ‘mental workout’, requiring heightened focus and concentration for extended periods of time. For this reason, horse riding teaches you a lot about yourself and can be extremely therapeutic.
At Concise Equestrian Centre, we offer themed lessons, programs and group riding sessions for all ages and abilities. From tiny tots to senior riders, we coach a variety of disciplines, including safe horsemanship, basic riding techniques, dressage, western, show jumping and more. Lesson programs run for the duration of school terms:
- Group Lessons: We offer lessons for groups of 2 to 4 students, matched with similar riding abilities and ages. Each lesson focuses on specific topics and abilities. Students will be assigned their own horse, with all equipment provided.After-school classes available from Monday to Friday and on Saturday mornings. Options include 1/2 hour and hour time slots. Bookings are essential.
- Private Lessons: This is a perfect option for shift workers and riders that wish to really focus on developing skills long term. All tiny tots start with this option, including a leader and a spotter working with the student until seat development and balance are established.Private lessons available upon request, from Monday to Friday, between 9am and 2:30pm.
- Hoof Beats ‘n’ Heart Beats: Wonderful session focused on skill development of horse and rider. Conquer your fears while learning dressage, show jumping and how to dance with horses. Suitable for 5 years and up. Max 6 participants.
- Pony Pals: All ages session. Meet the ponies, feed them treats, enjoy a ride and get a photo with your favourite. Includes photo, treats and a ride.
- participants per session.
- Sporting and Mounted Games: Fast-paced and exciting 2-hour session, suitable for all ages. Pole bending, sack racing, lassoing, and more! No 2 sessions will ever be the same. Bookings essential. Group bookings welcome. Max 10 participants per session.
- Horsemanship 101: Informative 2-hour session, suitable for all ages. Learn essential skills, safe handling, horse and pony care, catching, feeding, washing and have fun in an interactive, hands-on environment. Bookings essential. Group bookings welcome. Max 10 participants per session.
- Adopt a Horse: Students assigned a horse for the day. Riders participate in group classes, trail rides, a private lesson and horse sport games. Discounts available for multiple day bookings. Classes run from 9am-4pm.
- Archery 101: Please note this is a multilevel activity course. You must complete each level to progress through the certificates.Level 1 – Point, Aim, Shoot Certificate: Learn how to safely handle and shoot a recurve bow. Practice as much as you like. Participants must be able to safely point, aim and shoot with mobility to progress to Level 2. Max 10 spaces.
Level 2 – Assisted Point, Aim, Shoot Certificate: Learn how to safely handle and shoot a recurve bow while riding. Participants must be able to safely point, aim and shoot with mobility to progress to Level 3. Advanced participants are welcome to bring their own horse. Max 10 spaces.
Level 3 – Point, Aim, Shoot, Ride Certificate: Learn to walk, trot and canter while handling and shooting a recurve bow. Max 10 spaces
- Fully fenced arenas, with soft-fall fencing designed by us
- Olympic-sized dressage yard
- Small square teaching yard
- Jumping arena with full sized EA standards
- Swimming dam
- 3 sets of trails that vary in riding ability
- Portable round yard
- Quarantine paddock
- 5 stables
- Tie up bay/farrier bay
- Client lockers and lockable tack boxes
- 6 paddocks on main facility and 7 paddocks in the local district
- Safe road riding areas